We are a strongly collaborative and interdisciplinary group that aims at research at the highest international level. We hire outstanding experimental scientists interested in answering biological questions from a quantitative point of view.
Experience in one or more of a variety of fields, e.g. biophysics, single-molecule techniques, optical imaging or microscopy, biochemistry, molecular biology, or quantitative cell biology, is welcomed. Candidates of all backgrounds who judge that they would thrive in such an environment are invited to apply. Women are particularly encouraged to apply, as they typically make up a smaller fraction of the applicant pool.
For currently officially advertised openings, please follow the application links indicated. If you are interested in the group, but there is no currently officially advertised opening, please e-mail Prof. Nynke Dekker. In both cases, interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and fit to the group, together with a CV (including a complete publication list) and the names plus email addresses of three references.
Open NWO- or ERC-funded positions
We have several NWO-funded openings for outstanding researchers in the exciting area of eukaryotic replication: Understanding the mechanisms of eukaryotic replication on bare and on chromatin DNA using single-molecule approaches. This is new and exciting terrain in single-molecule biophysics! Biophysicists and quantitative biochemists are highly encouraged to apply by sending Prof. Nynke Dekker an e-mail with their application materials (as described above).
We also have an NWO-funded opening together with the Carlas Smith lab (faculty of 3ME, TU Delft) on developing innovative microscopy for studying DNA replication. Here is the application link for this position.
Postdoctoral candidates are also encouraged to assess whether they are eligible for external funding, for which there are many opportunities. A brief listing is provided here:
- EMBO Fellowships
- EU Marie Curie Fellowships
- Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Helen Hay Whitney Foundation Research Fellowships
- Jane Coffin Childs Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Life Science Research Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NWO VENI Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NWO Rubicon Postdoctoral Fellowships (The Rubicon program focuses on Dutch PhD graduates seeking postdoctoral positions abroad, but has a limited number of fellowships for postdocs performing research in The Netherlands)
Interested prospective PhD students may consider the following source of external funding:
- Boehringer Ingelheim PhD Fellowships