We are a strongly collaborative and interdisciplinary group that aims at research at the highest international level. We hire outstanding experimental scientists interested in answering biological questions from a quantitative point of view.
Experience in one or more of a variety of fields, e.g. biophysics, single-molecule techniques, optical imaging or microscopy, biochemistry, molecular biology, or quantitative cell biology, is welcomed. Finally, candidates of all backgrounds who judge that they would thrive in our lab and research environment are also invited to apply.
Open – ERC – funded positions
We have openings for outstanding researchers in the exciting area of eukaryotic replication: Understanding the mechanisms of eukaryotic replication on bare and on chromatin DNA using single-molecule approaches.
This project provides you the unique opportunity to work with reconstituted eukaryotic systems and to explore their functioning from a quantitative mechanistic point of view. We currently have an opening for a postdoc with a background in quantitative biology/biochemistry.
This is a new terrain in single-molecule biophysics. Candidates of all backgrounds who judge that they would thrive in such an environment are invited to apply. Women are particularly encouraged to apply, as they typically make up a smaller fraction of the applicant pool. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and fit to the group, together with a CV (including a complete publication list) and the names plus email addresses of three references, to Prof. Nynke Dekker.
Postdoctoral candidates are also encouraged to assess whether they are eligible for external funding, for which there are many opportunities. A brief listing is provided here:
- EMBO Long Term Fellowships
- EU Marie Curie Fellowships.
- Human Frontier Science Program Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Helen Hay Whitney Foundation Research Fellowships
- Jane Coffin Childs Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Life Science Research Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NWO VENI Postdoctoral Fellowships
- NWO Rubicon Postdoctoral Fellowships (The Rubicon program focuses on Dutch PhD graduates seeking postdoctoral positions abroad, but has a limited number of fellowships for postdocs performing research in The Netherlands)
Interested prospective PhD students may consider the following source of external funding:
- Boehringer Ingelheim PhD Fellowships